Who Can Use Lasotronix Laser for Varicose Veins?
• General surgeons
• Plastic surgeons
• Cosmetic surgeons
EVLA: Laser Technology to Treat Varicose Veins
One of the latest entrants in treating varicose veins without surgery, Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA) treats the varicose veins by ablating them with the laser. As a result, the abnormal veins are destroyed.
Procedure to Perform EVLA
- Apply a local anaesthetic over the affected area and insert a needle in the area.
- Pass a wire through the needle up the vein.
- Remove the needle and pass a catheter (thin plastic tubing) over the wire into the saphenous vein
- Pass a laser radial fibre up the catheter in such a way that its tip reached the point that needs to be heated the most (usually the groin crease).
- Inject enough local anaesthetic solution into the vein through multiple needle pricks or by Tumescent anesthesia.
- Fire up the laser and pull the radial fibre down centimetre by centimetre in 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat the veins through the catheter causing homogenous destruction of the vein’s walls by shrinking it and sealing it off. As a result, there is no more blood flow in these veins that may result in swelling. The surrounding healthy veins are free of the varicose veins and therefore able to resume with the healthy blood flow.
- Remove the laser and the catheter and cover the needle puncture wound with a small dressing.
This procedure takes 20 to 30 minutes per leg. The smaller veins may need to undergo sclerotherapy in addition to the laser treatment.
Why Lasotronix Smart M Laser Diode for Varicose Veins Treatment?
- Most cost effective –laser device in the market with world-class technology
- High Safety : Low energy from the Lasotronix Smart M Laser diode destroys the walls of only the defective veins without affecting the neighbouring healthy tissue.
- Portable machine –The Lasotronix Smart M Laser Diode is the lightest portable machine in the market, weighing only 2.5 kg
- Easy to handle –With a sleek and handy suitcase consisting of all the accessories to set up a workstation quickly, the Lasotronix Smart M laser device is easy to carry wherever you go.
- Low operating cost –Lasotronix Smart M fibres come at an exceptionally low cost and are quickly delivered, therefore resulting in a low operating cost of the device.
- Pre-set Procedures and Customized Program –Lasotronix Smart M Laser diode comes with inbuilt programs for the EVLA treatment. However, the programs come with an option to customize based on the prescribe treatment plan.
- Large Touch-screen LCD Multilingual Display –Lasotronix Smart M laser device comes with a large LCD screen which displays the parameters of the chosen program such as the power required, time of work, energy required and so on. This helps monitor the procedure efficiently leading to a smooth functioning process.
- Security –The Lasotronix Smart M laser comes with many security features such as emergency stop, error warning alerts such as missing optical fibre, open interlock and so on. The Lasotronix Smart M Laser Device has the ability to accurately point out the error, thus removing the guesswork from a situation.
- Superior Quality –the Lasotronix Smart M laser is superior quality device which comes with Risk Reversal Warranty of 2 years
Lasotronix Products Available for the EVLA Treatment
Lasotronix Smart M 1470 nm
The Lasotronix Smart M 1470 nm emits a water specific laser which is perfect to be passed through the vein structure.
This results in perfect absorption of the laser energy in the intracellular water of the vein wall and in the water content of blood. With efficient heating of the vein with zero chances of collateral heating, the <b>Lasotronix Smart M 1470 nm</b> laser diode treat the varicose vein with complete occlusion of the treated vein.
Lasotronix Smart M 1470nm
Comparison with Lasotronix Smart M 980 nm:
- The 980 nm laser has an affinity towards the blood pigment and therefore may not be effective in treating the ablation in a water-based vein structure.
- The 810/980 nm laser requires 10-12 watts of power to operate, as opposed to the mere 6-8 watts required by the 1470 nm laser
- The 1470 nm wave is absorbed by the water-based vein structure approximately 40 times more effectively and better than the 810/980 nm laser and 80 times better than the Nd: YAG 1064 nm laser.
Lasotronix Laser Smart M Dual Wavelength (15 W/980 nm and 15 W/1470 nm)
Lasotronix Smart M 1940 nm
Advantages of Lasotronix Smart M 1940 nm laser:
- Effective vein closure using smaller doses of energy supplied to the vein (an average of 47 J/cm with a power range of 3 to 6 W): Significantly reduced post-procedural pain and chances of complication with lesser risk of burns and related discoloration effects.
- Better occlusion rates: The water-based structure of the vein structure ensures that the water-based lasers like 1470 and 1940 nm are preferentially absorbed in the intercellular water of the vein wall and in the water content of the blood. This results in lesser chance of collateral heating bringing about optimal vein ablation.
- High effectiveness of treatment of 95% in the first year after treatment and 93% after three years according to scientific publications.
- No risk of fiber carbonization: Lack of fibre carbonization ensures that the optical fibre used in one procedure by engaging both the extremities can be reused without having to remove char from its surface and using a new one.
Advantages for Surgeons to Using Lasotronix Smart M for EVLA
Webinars by Lasotronix for Varicose Vein Treatment
Advantages of Lasotronix Smart M in EVLA Treatment
- High success rate
- Low recurrence rate.
- Quick treatment.
- Minimal invasion.
- Instant Relief from accompanying symptoms.
- OPD procedure.
- Quick Recovery.
Accessories of Lasotronix Smart M for the EVLA Treatment
Results of Using Lasotronix Smart M for EVLA Treatment
Video of Laser Treatment on Varicose Veins Using Lasotronix Smart M
I have had a special interest in Proctology since the beginning of my practice, that is for the last 30 years. I have observed that the patients are hesitant to go under the knife in the rectal region Read More